::click me::

Monday, November 2, 2009

All American Rejects @ KE672

While busy checking in a Business Class passenger, a close friend of mine, Dzul, whispered to me.

Darlene, cuba ko tengok passengers di sebelah counter ko. Macam Rob Thomas kan?

A group of people with tattoos, piercings, rings, punk shirts with some odd rock fashions.

I looked and turned to Dzul.

Dorang ni somebody la, Dzul. US artist ni!

Getting excited. Yes. I always get waaaaay too excited if i see any US band in front of me. I remember long time ago when i saw INXS, I excused myself from doing my flight just to get around them. We took many pictures together!

I asked Dzul if he knows any of them. He said they looked familiar but couldn't remember the name of the band.

I looked at Fazilah. She is a tall girl, and when i looked at her - she was already too happy and was hiding her head behind the counter - she gave me signal that in front of us memang someone famous! I immediately dialled her intercom, and she said - ALL AMERICAN REJECTS!

I told Dzul, and he said - yeah, move along move along.... lalalala!

I am not really into their songs - but then, hey - they are famous!!! I rather be proud seeing them than our local artistes.

They spent more than an hour checking in. Kindda puas hati also la looking at them.

The lead singer, hmmm... not so friendly, but then i saw him walking using a walking stick, ohhhhh, maybe that is what makes him so grumpy, i guess. But the rest of the band mates, they were real friendly. Fazilah took a picture of them.

I even got their big picture with their autographs on it. Thanks to the band's manager. Fazilah got one too. Jackie, our Korean Air Manager got two, dedicated to her daughters.

I know their songs but never really my fav.

But there was one song i used to like long time ago. The song was featured in AMERICAN WEDDING movie. Can't recall what year was that.

Here is the song. SWING SWING by All American Rejects.

Layan la....